Hi,

Can you telnet to that machine / ports - both from the machine itself,
from the wider network, and from the even wider internet?

Then you'll know if there is a firewall / port binding issue, which
would be the most obvious / easiest to resolve problem.

Next, check that you actually have handles with the correct prefix in
the database - if you've got old items prior to receiving a prefix, you
have to ensure that they are migrated to the prefix
(/dspace/bin/update-handle-prefix).

Nigel Pegus wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am running dspace 1.4.1 on Linux Enterprise AS v3 update6
>
> I originally had a problem setting up the handle server with the
> provided script, having gotten around that (I ran command
> /dspace/bin/dsrun net.handle.server.Main /dspace/handle-server instead
> of /dspace/bin/make-handle-config) I am unable to resolve any handles.
> I have updated my config.dct with the required entries (see contents
> below). I noted that I had to create the storage_type and
> storage_class entries as opposed to just filling in the appropriate
> vals after the “=” sign and wandered if that is a sign of a setup
> problem on my end… To the best of my knowledge ports 2641 and 8000 are
> opened to the wider internet. Is there something I have overlooked?
>
> "num_threads" = "15"
>
> "bind_port" = "2641"
>
> "backlog" = "5"
>
> "log_accesses" = "yes"
>
> }
>
> "log_save_config" = {
>
> "log_save_weekday" = "N/A"
>
> "log_save_time" = "02:00:00"
>
> "log_save_directory" = "/dspace/handle-server/logs"
>
> "log_save_interval" = "Monthly"
>
> }
>
> "no_udp_resolution" = "y"
>
> "interfaces" = (
>
> "hdl_udp"
>
> "hdl_tcp"
>
> "hdl_http"
>
> )
>
> "server_config" = {
>
> "server_admins" = (
>
> "300:0.NA/2139"
>
> )
>
> "replication_admins" = (
>
> "300:0.NA/2139"
>
> )
>
> "max_session_time" = "86400000"
>
> "this_server_id" = "1"
>
> "max_auth_time" = "60000"
>
> "backup_admins" = (
>
> "300:0.NA/2139"
>
> )
>
> "case_sensitive" = "no"
>
> "storage_type" = "CUSTOM"
>
> "storage_class" = "org.dspace.handle.HandlePlugin"
>
> }
>
> }
>
> Thanks for any input,
>
> **/Nigel Pegus/**