-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Maike
Dulk
Sent: Thursday, 27 March 2008 10:10 AM
To: dspace-tech
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Older versions of Dspace?

thanks Scott!

yes, that's how I did it the previous time as well. My only uncertainty
is which releases are safe to skip ...
last time I figured out that, going from 1.2.2. to 1.4.1, I could skip
versions 1.3, 1.3.1 and 1.4

maike

On 26-Mar-08, at 11:10 AM, Scott Phillips wrote:
> Previously on SourceForge versions older than 2 or 3 releases had been

> tagged as hidden. I corrected that when I put up the 1.5 release
> because it made sense that all stable releases should be public, and
> only old beta & alphas are hidden.
>
> However the previous advice is correct, all you should need to do is
> run each of the SQL upgrade scripts from each version, and then update

> your configuration. In my opinion the best option would be to just
> grab a fresh copy of the configuration files and update your values in

> that instead of trying to add only new parameters step-by- step -
> you're very likely to miss something.
>
> Scott--

Ms. Maike Dulk - Programmer / Analyst
McPherson Library, University of Victoria
(t) 250-886-5709 / (e) [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-- Harthon gerithach aeair vilui / I hope you will have kind seas