We are in the process of converting large amounts of metadata from MARC
to DSpace. We already have implemented a crosswalk for this, but are
still wondering how to encode citation data.

One option would be to store the entire citation in
dc.identifier.citation field. This would be the easy way, but we prefer
to maintain separate datafields and build the citation info on the fly
depending on the item type.

So the problem is, in which fields would one store journal name, page
and volume info, place of publication etc. in DC? Has anyone dealt with
this before?

-Mika