Actually, it responds to GET on some URIs, but the LNI is *not*
meant to be used as an interactive web site; it is a WebDAV server.
WebDAV happens to use the HTTP protocol but not in a way that gets along
with the subset (and perversions) of HTTP most browsers speak.
It also has some ability to converse in SOAP (for a subset of its functions)
but that is even less browser-friendly.

For all the details and leads, see the LNI documentation at
http://web.mit.edu/lcs/www/lni/

You can also download a sample SOAP client there.  For some reason,
the client utilities and sample client were not included in 1.5.

    -- Larry