On May 16, 2008, at 4:37 PM, Larry Stone wrote:

> Actually, it responds to GET on some URIs, but the LNI is *not*
> meant to be used as an interactive web site; it is a WebDAV server.
> WebDAV happens to use the HTTP protocol but not in a way that gets
> along
> with the subset (and perversions) of HTTP most browsers speak.
> It also has some ability to converse in SOAP (for a subset of its
> functions)
> but that is even less browser-friendly.
>
> For all the details and leads, see the LNI documentation at
> http://web.mit.edu/lcs/www/lni/
>
> You can also download a sample SOAP client there.  For some reason,
> the client utilities and sample client were not included in 1.5.

Larry, the client is included in the dspace-1.5.0-source-release
under "dspace-lni/dspace-lni-client/".

The client is not included in the dspace-1.5.0-release by default,
but if added as a dependency to [dspace-source]/dspace/pom.xml would
be installed in the dspace/lib directory... The appropriateness of
having it installed there however, is questionable.