I've finally figured out how to hook up a .NET app to LNI and am running
some exploratory tests, using straight HTTP/DAV rather than SOAP.

Alas, GET doesn't seem to work.  I've done a propfind call to get URIs
for the bitstreams in a collection, but when I try to GET one of them, I
get

System.ApplicationException: Error trying to GET
http://[server]:8080/lni/dav/dso_123456789%241/dso_123456789%242/dso_123
456789%243 --->

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (501) Not
Implemented.

     at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

I am unfamiliar with Axis web services, so I'm having to learn
everything as I go, which slows me down a lot.

This entry in server-config.wsdd listing "allowedMethods" looks
suspicious to me

 <service name="DSpaceLNI" provider="java:RPC">

    <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="propfind proppatch lookup
copy"/>

    <parameter name="className"
value="org.dspace.app.dav.LNISoapServlet"/>

 </service>

But the web.xml file has a different class
(org.dspace.app.dav.DAVServlet) set up to respond to /dav URIs, so I
suspect that's not my problem.

- Rick