Thank you Dr Prasda,
I have finally succeeded in installing dspace 1.5 on my ubuntu 6.10 server
based ARD Prasad comment. I just configured the maven settings.xml under
maven/conf to point to the proxy and run the following command

mvn -s /home/dspace/maven/conf/settings.xml -f
/home/dspace/dspace-1.5.0-release/dspace/pom.xml package

And finally run ant fresh_install from the target sdpace-[version].dirdirectory
to install dspace.

Many thanks to Dr Clif Kussmaul as well for suggesting a way out for my
problems.

Keep up the good works!
Good day,
Yohannes Mulugeta
Addis Ababa University
Main Library

ARD Prasad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi,
Maven required Internet connectivity.  If your system has connectivity,
please check whether you are behind a proxy. If so please modify,
settings.xml file in maven config directory OR have a private copy of
settings.xml in which case you have to run the command similar to the
following

mvn -s $HOME/.m2/settings.xml -f $DSPACE_SRC_DIR/pom.xml package

Please replace $HOME & $DSPACE_SRC_DIR with correct paths

with best regards
ard
--
ARD Prasad, Ph.D.
Documentation Research & Traning Centre (DRTC)

Home Page: http://drtc.isibang.ac.in/DRTC/ardcv.html

e-mail: yohannesmulu<AT>yahoo.com
        yohannesmulu<AT>gmail.com
cell phone: (251-91)-139-5572