Hello Gary,

not a direct answer to your question, but this might be relevant in your
context:

in a few projects, we hid the "show full metadata record" button. This has
the advantage that all fields, not included in the simple view, are
"hidden". But of course, it has the drawback that you can't offer people
both simple and full view. Are there a lot of fields that you would like to
offer the user in full metadataview, that are too much to include in the
simple view ?

best regards,

Bram Luyten

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 5:46 AM, Gary Browne
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

>  Hi all
>
> Is there any way to hide a field in the full metadata record (I know, I
> know - "then it won't be a FULL metadata record" - but, hey, I just get
> given specs and have to implement them).
>
> I know it can be done by setting hidden=true in ItemTag.java for the
> particular field, but I was hoping to avoid doing such a daggy
> "customisation" - it's just the sort of annoying one-liner that will get
> missed in the next upgrade.
>
> Anywhere in dspace.cfg I can implement this?
>
> Thanks
> Gary
>

> **
> Gary Browne