I've recently been importing a few thousand records into dspace using
the import tool that is supplied within the ./bin directory.

Up until recently I have been importing collections without incident
until last night when, during an import, I lost my remote connection to
my DSpace server.

When attempting to resume an import;

# sudo /path/to/dspace/bin/import -c 123456789/8 -a -R -m
/path/to/dspace/imports/photographs.log -e [EMAIL PROTECTED] -s
/path/to/assets/photographs

the following error is thrown;

Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
    at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.initialize(DatabaseManager.java:1555)
    at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.getConnection(DatabaseManager.java:512)
    at org.dspace.core.Context.<init>(Context.java:117)
    at org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.main(ItemImport.java:336)

I've checked the logs and have not been able to find any other
information except for when I restart postgresql I see;

2008-10-07 12:54:46 UTC LOG:  received smart shutdown request
2008-10-07 12:54:46 UTC LOG:  autovacuum launcher shutting down
2008-10-07 12:56:11 UTC LOG:  incomplete startup packet

Restarting the Postgresql server a number of times fixed the problem but
unfortunately, during the second update I lost the connection again and
this time I get the same outcome above but I cannot seem to resolve it.
I've checked my import log file for incomplete data but it looks fine
and checking the last record in DSpace show that it was imported
successfully.

Any help would be much appreciated as I do not fancy setting up the
entire dspace database again.