Hi

I reported this problem, and for me a work-around, to this list last
month (22.10.2008):

I had a look around and noticed that org.dspace.browse.BrowseConsumer
was being fired when a new item was created.  In its constructor
context.setIgnoreAuthorization(true) was being called but there was no
corresponding context.setIgnoreAuthorization(false).

In the meantime I have added a call to
context.setIgnoreAuthorization(false) at the end of the indexItem method.

Regards

George

Floyd, Randall Dean wrote:
> A bit more...
>
> After reading again I see that I didn't stress that this only happens
> once a submission starts.  In all other contexts the non-admin user
> does not see admin list options either in the XHTML or the original
> DRI.  As soon as a collection is chosen for submission, the admin list
> items appear.
>
> Quoting "Floyd,  Randall Dean" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I had asked the list about this one last week but didn't get any
>>
>> What I am seeing in the XMLUI on DSpace 1.5.1 is that the navigation
>> options list contains all of the administrative links for a user
>> whether they are an administrator or not.  If the non-admin user clicks
>> one of those links they get an authorization error.
>>
>> At first I thought this was a browser caching problem of some sort, or
>> maybe even a CSS visibility error on my part, but if I view the DRI the
>> options actually contains the admin-specific link list items in the
>> following list sets:
>>
>> aspect.artifactbrowser.Navigation.list.context
>> aspect.artifactbrowser.Navigation.list.administrative
>>
>> In other words, according to the DRI before the transformation,
>> DSpace/XMLUI thinks this user should have those list items in their
>> context when in actuality they are only authorized to submit to the
>> collection.
>>
>> I can replicate this with the unmodified reference theme and my other
>> developer sees it with her own local workstation environments, so I'm
>> thinking I can't be the only person to have seen this.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.