Hello,

Am 30.11.2008 um 16:48 schrieb Christian Voelker:

> However, we have an issuevwith feedback form not working.
>
> I found that this has to do with a change in
>
> src/org/dspace/app/webui/servlet/FeedbackServlet.java
>
> made in revision 1653 of the file on behalf of bug #1584035,
> a fix to prevent sploggers from using the feedback form:

I added the following log message to the code, did ant update
  and restarted tomcat:

         if (fromPage == null || fromPage.indexOf(basicHost) == -1)
         {
             log.info(LogManager.getHeader(context, "try_feedback",
                         "fromPage=" + fromPage + ", basicHost=" +
basicHost));

             throw new AuthorizeException();
         }

I am still thrown to the authorization page (even if logged in)
and I cant see my log message in the log file. Am I too stupid?

> We are running a common setup with tomcat, apache and
> mod_jk to join both servers together. Yes, you might
> ask why I dont use tomcat as a standalone server, but
> there is reason, not to do so as of now. I am not sure
> whether mod_jk "eats" the referrer while passing the
> request on to tomcat. I dont know where to check for
> the arguments passed per request. Does it make sense
> to activate debug logging for mod_jk to trace this?
> Are there any specific requirements for mod_jk config
> to comply with this new antispam measure?

The tomcat log files dont report separate requests at all.
Nor does the mod_jk log do. I guess I should try to get
tomcat logging requests, not mod_jk, right?

Life would be better without spammers.

Bye, Christian