We want here to use IP authentication, but for version 1.4.2 of DSpace.

Is it possible?

I know there was a patch in SourceForge:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/index.php?func=detail&aid=1566820&group_id=19984&atid=319984but
I was unable to use it correctly, when I looked at it (perhaps due to
problems in the database).

I also found that:
http://www.krugle.org/examples/p-5DFWGqOOSydqcBnH/IPAuthentication.java
but did not have time to look further...

What's the right way?
--
François Parmentier / INIST-CNRS