Hi Andrew,

As far as the webapp itself goes, it will look and act the same. The major
difference is that compiling it is easier, it’s just part of the dspace
rebuild, and your local customisations should go in
[dspace-source]/dspace/modules/xmlui/src/main/webapp.

From now on, just refer to Dspace installation instructions when it comes to
building/installing the XMLUI webapp, and to the Manakin theme tutorial or
Manakin developer’s guide to see how to create/edit themes, aspects, etc.

Dspace installation guide:

http://www.dspace.org/1_5_1Documentation/ch03.html

Manakin Theme Tutorial:

http://di.tamu.edu/projects/xmlui/resources/ThemeTutorial.pdf