It is better not to touch the source directly.

Assume you have only one Messages.properties,
place it in [your_dspace151_src]/dspace/modules/jspui/src/main/resources

If you have multiple properties files for different languages, place
them under different dirs under resources.

After editing, run mvn package and then ant update. See the install doc
for these commands.

Regards,
Allen Lam.
HKU Hub Administrator, http://hub.hku.hk