It was added in the dspace.cfg from the get go.

But still no cigars yet.  I've removed it from the DSIndex.java.

Possible bug?

--Jeff

Jeffrey Trimble
System LIbrarian
William F.  Maag Library
Youngstown State University
330.941.2483 (Office)
jtrim...@cc.ysu.edu
http://www.maag.ysu.edu
http://digital.maag.ysu.edu

On May 7, 2009, at 4:46 AM, Richard Jones wrote:

Hi Jeff,

We want to add "date.issued" to the drop down menu of the Advanced
Keyword searching.  It looks
easy enough, but I must be missing something.  Here is what I have
done so far, but cannot search
only using that drop-down:

1. Edited Messages.properties for the appropriate line to be added
2.   Edited advanced.jsp
3. Added a line to DSIndexer.java  (was there a particular order that
this needed to be added ?)
4. Recompiled the whole thing.
5 Reindexed the whole thing

You shouldn't need to modify DSIndexer to add this term. The dspace.cfg
has search index configuration, where you can add the field to be
indexed, and the name of the index.  You should only need to add the
option in the UI to actually search on it.

So look for a configuration like this:

search.index.1 = author:dc.contributor.*

and add your own with:

search.index.[n] = date:dc.date.issued

Results:  You can drop down the menu choice and bring up "date" but
when you place say,
"1970" the search results to 0.

HEre is the line from DSIndexer.java, and perhaps that is where the
issue therein lies:

new IndexConfig("date",       "dc", "date",        "issued",
"text")

Is there somewhere I need to edit code to make this happen?

I don't know the ins and outs of the indexer, but I'd be inclined to try
the config route first, as maybe there's more going on than meets the
eye with the indexer.

Cheers,

Richard

--
Richard Jones
Head Repository Systems Architect, Symplectic Limited

The NEW KODAK i700 Series Scanners deliver under ANY circumstances! Your production scanning environment may not be a perfect world - but thanks to Kodak, there's a perfect scanner to get the job done! With the NEW KODAK i700