Also, forgot to specifically mention the "idle in
transaction"-process-killer-cron-job. I posted it to the bottom of the
wiki page http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/Idle_In_Transaction_Problem

That made a huge difference for us, even though neither my sys admin
nor I could verify that it was doing *exactly* what it was supposed to
be doing.

Jason
--

>>> On 6/26/2009 at 1:16 AM, in message