Hi Janice,

The bad news: at present this function does not exist in 1.5.2 XMLUI.
The good news: it does exist in the JSPUI (if you have that running
too?) and will exist in 1.6 in the XMLUI.

If you don't have access to the jspui (you can run it alongside the
xmlui) then the only way to perform the move is to do a little bit of
database tweaking.

You'll need to edit the item in the 'item' table (update the
owning_collection field) and edit the relevant entry in the
'collection2item' table. You'll then need to reindex DSpace using
[dspace]/bin/index-update

Thanks,

Stuart Lewis

Digital Services Programmer

Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library

Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand

Ph: 64 9 373-7599 x81928

http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz <http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/> /