El Friday 28 August 2009 13:58:50 Thompson-Young, Alexia A escribió:
> All,
>
> Two patches to address the mime type issue for the CC license have been
> submitted: http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-295
>
> With these patches, someone using FireFox will see the CC license displayed
> properly.
>
> Many thanks to Steve Williams and Ladd Hanson for working on this.
> FYI,
> Lexie

No luck for me.  :-(

Using Dspace 1.5.2, Ubuntu 8.04.3, Tomcat 5.5. Frontend with Apache
mod_proxy_ajp.

I have applied patches, packaged with mvn, updated with ant, updated
bitstream-formats.xml with new mimetype from patch.

dsp...@dspace:/dspace/config/registries$ diff bitstream-formats.xml
bitstream-formats.xml.orig
59,67d58
<     <!-- Used by system: do not remove -->
<   <bitstream-type>
<     <mimetype>text/html</mimetype>
<     <short_description>CC License</short_description>
<     <description>Item-specific Creative Commons license agreed upon to
submission</description>
<     <support_level>1</support_level>
<     <internal>true</internal>
<   </bitstream-type>
<

Then restarted Tomcat.

An item uploaded pre-patch still show mimetype text/plain:

$ wget
http://www.bdbf.edu.ar/xmlui/bitstream/handle/123456789/21/license_text?sequence=3
--02:44:47--
http://www.bdbf.edu.ar/xmlui/bitstream/handle/123456789/21/license_text?sequence=3
           => `license_text?sequence=3'
Resolviendo www.bdbf.edu.ar... 200.3.126.141
Conectando a www.bdbf.edu.ar|200.3.126.141|:80... conectado.
Petición HTTP enviada, esperando respuesta... 200 OK
Longitud: 13.771 (13K) [text/plain]

An item uploaded post-patch now show application/octet-stream (?!?!?!)

$ wget
http://www.bdbf.edu.ar/xmlui/bitstream/handle/123456789/25/license_text?sequence=3
--02:48:15--
http://www.bdbf.edu.ar/xmlui/bitstream/handle/123456789/25/license_text?sequence=3
           => `license_text?sequence=3.1'
Resolviendo www.bdbf.edu.ar... 200.3.126.141
Conectando a www.bdbf.edu.ar|200.3.126.141|:80... conectado.
Petición HTTP enviada, esperando respuesta... 200 OK
Longitud: 13.684 (13K) [application/octet-stream]

Still far away from the desired text/html mimetype. Now Firefox (Windows &
GNU/Linux) tries to execute the CC License.

It still works on MS Internet Explorer.

Am I doing something wrong?
Anyone tried this patch?

Thanks in advance.