Debashree,

Nice to see a message from you.

I suspect that the person who created your AMI image placed an incorrect
entry into the Linux iptables.  Entries were placed into the iptables to
implement port forwarding on incoming connections from standard port 80 to
Tomcat port 8080.

 The most likely problem is that an entry was accidentally placed into the
iptables that also implements this forwarding on outgoing connections.  This
is causing problems when the SWORD application tries to access the DTD at
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd.

Have your systems person check the Linux iptables entries and look to see if
anything is out of place.  Please let me know of the resolution for this
issue.

Keith Gilbertson
Consultant for Library and Educational Computer Systems