Good afternoon -
I am having an odd problem with our DSpace installation on what will be our
production machine.  The entire installation went like a dream on our test
bed machine and now I've hit this snag.

The problem is that when someone attempts to register we get an "unable to
send email to this address" (when using Manakin) or internal error (when
using jspui).    I have looked at the /usr/local/dspace/log/dspace.log file
and there is nothing in the log that resembles this error (there are
precious few errors) and I've looked at /usr/share/tomcat5/log/catalina.out
and there are no reports there either.  Should I be looking in a different
file?
Finally here is our setup. RedHat Linux 5 using Tomcat 5.5 with a standard
install of Dspace.  We have it loaded on two identical machines with the
same version of RedHat, Tomcat and Dspace.   In both cases sendmail is
running on both machines because I get nightly reports from the crontab
emailed to me.   One setup on our internal or Intranet machine works just
fine.  I register and get the email no problem.  The other machine, our
production website machine, gives the above mentioned errors.  We are using
the most recent version of Dspace.   We also have Apache running on both
machines.

Any suggestions on where to look for problems would be most helpful.  Oh,
I've looked through the sendmail logs (maillog) and could not find any
reference to an error.  But sendmail is a bit of mystery at times.  So,
again, any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

--
Dale Patterson