I have a specific question followed by a more general question.

We are running DSpace with the XMLUI interface.
I want to activate Creative Commons within the submission process.
I have identified the line in dspace.cfg that seems to pertain
(webui.submit.enable-cc = true);
however the documentation states that this will "Enable the Creative Commons
license step in the submission process for the JSPUI interface."
In other words, it suggests that this only applies to the JSPUI interface but I
can't find any reference to what should be done using the XMLUI interface.
So that's my specific question.

My general question relates to the relative merits of JSPUI versus XMLUI.
We opted for XMLUI because of the obvious benefits Manakin brings to UI
customization.
As a project manager that is important to me;
however, the sys admin responsible for our site complains that he is constantly
running into "JSPUI only" references in documentation and code comments.
He feels that XMLUI is a secondary manifestation that makes his job more
challenging and exposes the deficiencies in documentation.
Does anyone have recommendations about the long-term viability of the two
flavours of DSpace?
Is it a question of sacrificing my UI flexibility in order to have a system
that is easier to maintain from the sys admin perspective?

Any advice would be most welcome.

Wayne

--

Wayne Johnston
Digital Initiatives Librarian, University of Guelph