2009/10/27 Platt, Alice <a.pl...@snhu.edu>

> DSpace 1.5.2:

Does anyone know if it is possible to configure the Advanced Search so that
> the records displayed can be narrowed down by the presence, or lack of, a
> bitstream? We may have several records without bitstreams, and it seems it
> would be very helpful for people to search “full text,” if you will.

Hi,

I don't think this is possible with the current DSpace search/indexing
implementation. That being said, I think adding this feature (though I'd
also add in restricted items and extend the feature also to include browse)
would definitely make DSpace much more useful as a general purpose digital
repository. I wonder if this could be one place where some of the features
in DSpace 2.0 could be backported to?

--
Timo Aalto
Planning Officer