Hi Tushar,

> We are running dspace 1.4.2 on RHEL 5.0 with postgresql 8.1.9-1.el5  as
> database.
> These are the warning messages I am getting during vacuuming postgres
>
> WARNING:  skipping "pg_authid" --- only table or database owner can vacuum it
> WARNING:  skipping "pg_database" --- only table or database owner can vacuum
> it
>
> How can they be handled

These are possibly caused because you are running the vacuum as a user that
only has access to the dspace database, and not to the main system database.
Therefore the dspace database will be getting vacuumed, but not the postgres
internal database.

> Also it takes a loooong time to grant license while subscribing to a
> collection

There could be many reasons for this. It probably isn't the 'grant licence'
step as such, but the ingesting of the item into the repository that occurs
once the licence has  been granted. If you enable 'DUBUG' on your dspace.log
files
(http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/TechnicalFaq#Setting_logging_level_up_to_DEBUG)
 then you will see what steps are being taken, and where the slowness is
occurring. It could be writing the file to the asset store, adding the metadata
to the browse indexes, updating lucene etc.

Thanks,

Stuart Lewis
IT Innovations Analyst and Developer
Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library
Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Ph: 64 9 373-7599 x81928
http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/