Place is populated/adjusted in the Item.update method.  It is initially
calculated off the original ordering of the metadata values added to the
Item. So it is not database record ordering. DSpace doesn't support changing
this order in ItemEdit or Submission (beyond your changing the values around
in the Item Edit fields yourself).

The ordering in the edit ui is across element/qualifier/place for existing
fields.

Ordering in the Summary and Detail Views is grouped by
element/qualifier/place

http://www.testathon.net/jspui/handle/123456789/164?mode=full&submit_simple=Show+full+item+record

Ordering in OAI is grouped by element/qualifier/place.

http://www.testathon.net/oai/request?verb=GetRecord&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&identifier=oai:www.testathon.net:123456789/164

Mark

--
Mark R. Diggory
Head of U.S. Operations - @mire

http://www.atmire.com - Institutional Repository Solutions
http://www.togather.eu - Before getting together, get t...@ther
  • [Dspac... Gary Browne
    • R... Mark Diggory
      • ... Thornton, Susan M. (LARC-B702)[RAYTHEON TECHNICAL SERVICES COMPANY]
        • ... Mark Diggory
      • ... Gary Browne
      • ... Gary Browne
    • R... Gary Browne