Hi Mark,

I tried copying the suggested file (DescribeStep.java) to
[dspace-src]/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/submit/step/DescribeStep.java,
however now on submission the following error is triggered:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from
fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.dspace.submit.step.DescribeStep.getInputsReader(Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/dspace/app/util/DCInputsReader;

org.dspace.app.webui.submit.step.JSPDescribeStep.showEditMetadata(JSPDescribeStep.java:241)

org.dspace.app.webui.submit.step.JSPDescribeStep.doPreProcessing(JSPDescribeStep.java:144)

org.dspace.app.webui.submit.JSPStepManager.doStepStart(JSPStepManager.java:315)

org.dspace.app.webui.submit.JSPStepManager.processStep(JSPStepManager.java:278)

This would appear to be because, AFAICS, the patch file compared to my current
production file removes two code blocks:

The first is:

// Only check for required fields if user clicked the "next", the "previous" or
the "progress bar" button

        if (buttonPressed.equals(NEXT_BUTTON)

                || buttonPressed.startsWith(PROGRESS_BAR_PREFIX)

                || buttonPressed.equals(PREVIOUS_BUTTON)

                || buttonPressed.equals(CANCEL_BUTTON))

        {

The second (and troublesome one in this instance) is:

/**

     * @param filename

     *        file to get the input reader for

     * @return the current DCInputsReader

     */

    public static DCInputsReader getInputsReader(String filename) throws
ServletException

    {

        inputsReader = new DCInputsReader(filename);

        return inputsReader;

    }

Thus the above exception is thrown. I presume this DCInputsReader method is
being called from somewhere – do I need to make changes to  or replace any
other classes?

Thanks

Gary

GARY BROWNE | Development Programmer
Library IT Services | University Library

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
T +61 2 9351 5946  | F +61 2 9036 0000