Hello group,

 I am running dspace 1.5.2.  First off, I already realize that in 1.6 a
better/easier method for generating statistics will be available -
http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/Statistical_Improvements_for_v1.6

But I cannot wait for 1.6 to come out. I need to obtain some statistics for an
end of year "paper" report for my job with a deadline in like 2 weeks (though
the sooner I harvest this data the better).  So this isn't needed right now on
a regular basis. It is just needed for this report. I am a developer so I have
no apprehension querying text files and/or a database.  But I could not find
any documentation on where dspace stores the information that I need.  Is it
all stored in the dspace.log, the database (which tables?) or something else?
What I am looking to gather are statistics like:

1) the number of hits the system gets (yearly and monthly)

2) Country breakdown - I just want to know how many different countries are
using it, and if possible with a list of all of them.  I'm guessing if I could
get the ips that were logged I could query dns to get the countries here.

As I said, I'm happy to write something to query/parse the data that I need.
But I want to make sure that I am going to the correct place(s) for this
information. Could anyone share with me where exactly I would obtain this data
or supply me with a hyperlink where this is documented?

Thanks in advance.

- Damian