Hi Sean,

> I *think* I've followed the instructions, but I can't seem to get the
> new solr statistics functioning.
>
> After installing with `ant -Doverwrite=true update`, I converted the
> old dspace logs (/dspace/bin/dspace stats-log-converter -i
> /dspace/log/old/dspace.log -o /dspace/log/dspace.log -m). That went

The log files are only getting converted into an intermediate file format ready
for import into solr. [dspace]/log/dspace.log* files still get created in the
same format, so it might be worth saving the converted files somewhere else,
and as a different file name, so as not to get confused between the log4j
'dspace.log' files, and these intermediate files that contain less information
ready to be imported into solr.

> dsp...@esal-lr:~$ /dspace/bin/dspace stats-log-importer -i
> /dspace/log/dspace.log -m

Could you send me a copy of one of your original dspace.log files, and the
corresponding version which stats-log-converter creates? I can then look at
them, and try importing them on my machine to see what might be going wrong.

> Almost everything else seems to work as advertised.

That's good to hear :)

Cheers,

Stuart Lewis
IT Innovations Analyst and Developer
Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library
Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Ph: 64 9 373-7599 x81928
http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/