Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that this is the way
DSpace was designed to work - basically that ALLOW access for a new Eperson is
*not* retroactive to Items that were previously in the repository.  I believe
you can correct this situation by using the "Advanced/Item Wildcard Policy
Admin Tool" under "Authorization" on the Admin menu.  Here you can assign
authorization/access using a combination of 4 parameters:

1.       Collection

2.       Content type

[cid:image001.png@01CAFB3D.5C7811B0]

3.       Group

4.       Action
[cid:image002.png@01CAFB3D.5C7811B0]

Hope this helps!
Sue

Sue Walker-Thornton
NASA Langley Research Center
Integrated Library Systems
Developer, Application & Database Administrator
ConITS Contract ~ NCI Information Systems, Inc.
130 Research Drive
Hampton, VA  23666