Dear dspace-tech list;
I am new to the dspace world and need some basic help.

This is what I am trying to do:
I have exported over a 1000 records from the library management system
into a csv format and would like to batch import these records (no
attachments here) into the dspace.

I found some documents on the wiki but I seem to miss the initial starting
point.

I have created the collection and the fields that will match the fields in
my csv file.
Then after creating a collection I go to the Import metadata and select
the file to load it - but I got the error message:
An unknown error has occurred

I just have a feeling that I am missing the crucial step; do I need to
have a separate plug-in installed?

We are on Dspace 1.6.0.

Sorry for asking a stupid question but I thought this would be a very
time-consuming investigation for me while being an easy answer for an
expert.

If anyone has done something similar I would appreciate if you could share
your procedures.

Many thanks,

Renata Dyer
Manager, Systems and Electronic Services
High Court of Australia Library
Canberra, ACT 2604
ph: 02 6270 6916