Hi Renata

I agree with Allen; you will be able to find some existing tools that can be found in various locations on the web but you will need to mix it with some custom development. We have carried out a few conversions and have found that there is never an out-of-the-box solution due to the idiosyncrasies of the source data.

We converted about 25,000 records for the Royal Naval Museum who had data in CSV. The procedures we took;

- Converted the CSV to Excel XML,
- Developed a crosswalk for Excel XML to Dublin Core. The crosswalk script built the Dublin Core metadata and assets into a package which DSpace could easily ingest, - Used the DSpace command line import tool to import the DC assets into DSpace.

We open sourced the crosswalk scripts which you are welcome to use; it is available at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/dcmetatoolkit. The scripts are rudimentary but they will hopefully assist you.

Cheers

Hayden