Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 18:11:17 +0200
From: hilton.gib...@gmail.com
To: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Dspace does not load

Hi Pedro

Try: http://wiki.lib.sun.ac.za/index.php/SUNScholar/Dspace

Cheers

hg

On 11/11/2010 17:35, Pedro Coutinho wrote:

Hello,

I'm new to Dspace, and not very well knowledgeable about this sort of thing,
but I just can't make my Dspace work... I'm using the latest version of Dspace,
1.6.2.
I've rented a remote server for the Dspace, I've a webdomain(ex:
arquivoescolar.myhosting.me) and ip address (ex: 168.114.92.179 ) and followed
the installation instructions without, I think, messing up, yet when I try
me the configurations I should have for: dspace.cfg ;
/etc/postgres/.../postgresql.conf ; /etc/postgres/.../pghba.conf ;
/etc/tomcat5.5/.../server.xml ; /etc/init.d/tomcat5.5
I still have 'localhost' in many places in these files, maybe thats the
problem, not really sure...

Hilton Gibson
Systems Administrator
JS Gericke Library
Room 1053
Stellenbosch University
Private Bag X5036
Stellenbosch
7599
South Africa

Tel: +27 21 808 4100 | Cell: +27 84 646 4758

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
        Leonardo da Vinci