Mark, thanks for providing the useful details.

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 15:05, Mark H. Wood <mw...@iupui.edu> wrote:
> if you drop your app.s any Host's appBase

I didn't understand this part. Can you rephrase?

> then Tomcat assumes *it* created their Context fragments and will

I have question here. How can I make Tomcat create a Context fragment?
If I use Tomcat manager, will it take care of that?

> happily destroy those fragments when it is pleased to do so.  You need
> to make sure that your fragment-controlled app.s are outside of any
> appBase to avoid this power struggle.

So what's in <Context docBase="" /> shouldn't be on disk under the
directory specified in <Host appBase="webapps" />, but in a separate
directory, did I get that right? (it is so in my config) If my apps we
under webapps, tomcat could delete my app's directory and context
fragment (during undeploy?), but not the .war file, is that right?

> BTW you should *not* specify path= in an external Context fragment.

I'll adjust my config.

Regards,
~~helix84