Hi Jennifer,

The disallowing of indexing certain fields in discovery has not yet been
implemented. But if you want you can do this yourself by altering a single
file.
The file that needs to be edited is the following:
{dspace.dir}/solr/search/conf/schema.xml. In the "fields" tag (it should
start somewhere around line 490 of the file) you just need to add the
following line:

<field name="{field.not.to.index}" type="ignored" multiValued="true"/>

So for example if you do not want the title field to be indexed add:

<field name="dc.title" type="ignored" multiValued="true"/>

After this is done just restart the tomcat and re index discovery and the
field should be removed from the index.

I really hope this helps.

Ps: I do plan to create a patch to fix this issue (so that non indexable
fields can be configured) as soon as I find the time to create one.

Kind regards,

Kevin Van de Velde
@mire - www.atmire.com
533 2nd Street - Encinitas, CA 92024 - USA
Technologielaan 9 - 3001 Heverlee - Belgium

http://www.atmire.com - Institutional Repository Solutions
http://www.togather.eu - Before getting together, get Tog@ther