Dear Jennifer,

I seem to have been mistaken in my understanding that the all_ac contains
only metadata values that come from the "solr.search.filters", every
metadata field seems to end up in there.

You could put the all_ac to "ignore" but then the "full text" option in
discovery won't have an autocomplete.

What I would suggest is altering the SolrServiceImpl.java class.
In this class I would suggest moving the following lines:

//Add the field to all for autocomplete so our autocomplete works for all
> fields
> doc.addField("all_ac", value);

Into the following if block:

if(SearchUtils.getSearchFilters().contains(field) ||
> SearchUtils.getSearchFilters().contains(unqualifiedField + "." + Item.ANY)){
>     //Add a dynamic fields for autocomplete in search
>     doc.addField(field + "_ac", value);

}

So you would get something like:

if(SearchUtils.getSearchFilters().contains(field) ||
> SearchUtils.getSearchFilters().contains(unqualifiedField + "." + Item.ANY)){
>     //Add a dynamic fields for autocomplete in search`

    doc.addField("all_ac", value);

    doc.addField(field + "_ac", value);

}

After that clean package and use ant update and re index discovery with the
-f option. That way only metadata fields that are in the configuration end
up in the autocomplete.

Kind regards,

Kevin Van de Velde
@mire
Esperantolaan 4 - 3001 Heverlee - Belgium
2888 Loker Avenue East, Suite 305 - Carlsbad, CA 92010 - USA
atmire.com - Institutional Repository Solutions