Dear Elvi,

After doing some research on how to best create the auto
complete functionality you requested with the current discovery
implementation I came up with the following.
In the {dspace.dir}/config/dspace-solr-search.cfg file replace *dc.subject.*
* by *subject*.

> solr.search.filters=dc.title, dc.contributor.author, *subject*,
> dc.date.issued.year

In the schema.xml from the solr ({dspace.dir}/solr/search/conf) add the
following lines:

> <copyField source="dc.subject.other" dest="subject_ac"/>
> <copyField source="dc.subject.mesh" dest="subject_ac"/>

After the changes, restart the tomcat & reindex the discovery content and
the auto complete should work.

I hope this helps,

Kevin Van de Velde
@mire
Esperantolaan 4 - 3001 Heverlee - Belgium
2888 Loker Avenue East, Suite 305 - Carlsbad, CA 92010 - USA
atmire.com - Institutional Repository Solutions