The issue is caused by an out of date discovery index (this is why the
*-f*was used, this forces a complete re index).

As to why the discovery index was out of date in the first place, I would
check if you have the discovery consumer enabled in your dspace.cfg, more
information on how to do this can be found here:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Discovery+Configuration

Kind regards,

Kevin Van de Velde
@mire
Esperantolaan 4 - 3001 Heverlee - Belgium
2888 Loker Avenue East, Suite 305 - Carlsbad, CA 92010 - USA
atmire.com - Institutional Repository Solutions