Hello,
We're experimenting with making batch corrections to metadata using the Import
Metadata feature in the jsp.  We'd like to raise the limit on the number of
items that may be changed at a time.

I can see the file:
http://scm.dspace.org/svn/repo/dspace/tags/dspace-1.6.2/dspace-jspui/dspace-jspui-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/app/webui/servlet/MetadataImportServlet.java

Where it says this:
// Set the lmimt to the number of items that may be changed in one go, default
to 20
limit = ConfigurationManager.getIntProperty("bulkedit.gui-item-limit", 20);
log.debug("Setting bulk edit limit to " + limit + " items");

…We’d like to up it from 20 to maybe 500 as an experiment -- but potentially
much higher.  Does anyone know if that's a really bad idea?  We just don’t know
what the consequence is of making this limit larger, but 20 seems way too low
for a typical batch of changes.

Thanks,

Irene Berry, MLIS
Digital Services Librarian
Dudley Knox Library, Naval Postgraduate School