On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 14:00, Lemann, Alexander Bernard
<ablem...@bsu.edu> wrote:
> Relatedly, does anyone know how safe it is to test higher limit values?  I
> looked at the code to determine whether these batch edits occur within a
> single database transaction, but I didn't see any evidence either way.

This shouldn't be any problem at the database layer. This limit and
timeout problems concern only the web UI. I upped the limit to 2000
because I wanted to look at the "diff" in a web browser and it wasn't
a problem - but I only did the preview, not the actual import step. I
routinely run my imports of 2000 items via the command line interface.
This dspace machine has only 1 GB of memory dedicated to it.

Regards,
~~helix84