I am running into 2 problems that may or may not be related while trying to
install Dspace on a Ubuntu OS laptop. I am following the directions on
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Installing+DSpace+1.7+on+Ubuntu

1) I am running the command "sudo ant fresh_install" and getting the
following 2 errors.

Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in
/usr/local/java/jre1.7.0_03/lib/tools.jar

And the second error,

Error:
- org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: password authentication failed
for user "dspace"

I went into the dspace.cfg file and changed the default password to the
password I set when setting up. I restarted tomcat and postgresql and the
whole machine but I am still getting a return of the password for the
default "dspace" password. I look back in the config file and it has the
correct password there.

I would really appreciate some help on these two issues. Thank you!

Adam Fullerton, MLIS
Electronic/Technical Services Librarian &
Assistant Professor
Morningside College
1501 Morningside Ave
Sioux City, IA 51106

Phone: 712-274-5247
Fax: 712-274-5224 attn: Fullerton
Email: fullert...@morningside.edu

Being a librarian is not a job...it's a lifestyle.