On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 02:39:56PM +0100, help s wrote:
> Is it possible to make "dspace" to authenticate the users on a table in a
> different postgres database instead of using eperson table(default)?. If
> yes, Can you please kindly help me out how to do?.

There is no built-in way to do this.  It should be not too difficult
to add one.  DSpace comes with several different authentication provider
plugins, and you can write your own.

You might find it useful to look over the other authentication
providers that come with DSpace and see if any of them would work with
the way that authentication is generally done in your organization.  I
don't know anything about your organization, but you might find that
there is a simpler way than writing new code to consult that other
database.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Asking whether markets are efficient is like asking whether people are smart.