On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 22:46, Alain Tschanz <atsch...@njstatelib.org> wrote:
> I need to change the look of the DSpace front page (version 1.8.1; Manakin).
> I would like to remove “Communities in DSpace” block and add “Advanced
> Search”  underneath “Search DSpace” block.                Can anybody tell
> me how to accomplish those two things?

Here's how you remove the Browse block:

    <xsl:template name="disable_frontpage_browse"
match="dri:list[@id='aspect.viewArtifacts.Navigation.list.browse']">
    </xsl:template>

Regarding adding Advanced search, what exactly would you like to do?
1) Add a link called "Advanced search" or the form itself?
2) Do you mean Search DSpace in the right-hand menu or under
Communities in DSpace?
3) Do you have Discovery enabled?

Regards,
~~helix84