On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 20:50, Alain Tschanz <atsch...@njstatelib.org> wrote:
> 1. I disabled the frontpage browse block, but when I try to browse
> communities & collections etc. (hyperlink menu in <div id="options"></div>;
> see below) the body block of the front page is now empty and no items to
> browse are listed at all.

This additional condition tests whether we're at the front page and
restores the original behavior for any other page.

<xsl:template name="disable_frontpage_browse"
match="dri:div[@id='aspect.artifactbrowser.CommunityBrowser.div.comunity-browser']">
    <xsl:if test="not(//dri:body/dri:div[@id='file.news.div.news'])">
        <xsl:apply-templates/>
    </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

> 2. After inserting the "Advanced Search" link underneath the front page
> search (body section) the GO button stops working. As soon as I remove the
> link, the search works fine.

I see, I didn't notice that the element I replaced actually gets
transformed to the <form> element. This should work:

<xsl:template name="add_frontpage_advancedsearch"
match="dri:div[@id='aspect.discovery.SiteViewer.div.front-page-search']/dri:p[2]">
    <xsl:apply-templates />
    <a
href="/advanced-search"><i18n:text>xmlui.dri2xhtml.structural.search-advanced</i18n:text></a>
</xsl:template>

Regards,
~~helix84