Vera,

There is an option of self-register under My Dpsace and When you get Login
screen.

"New user? Click here to register."

Pre-requisite is to have e-mail settings enabled.

Follow this link:
http://blog.stuartlewis.com/2009/09/05/using-gmail-with-dspace/.
Its bit old but should work.

Thanks
Hardik Mishra

Software Engineer

http://in.linkedin.com/in/hardikmishra

essage: 8
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 15:30:27 +0300
From: Vera Kriezi <vera.kri...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Dspace-tech] self-registered button & e-persons' password
To: DSpace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net

Dear all,

I am trying to create e-persons to submit items to a collection and assign
them to a group with submission priviledges.
The problem is that I can not find a way to set a password (or even to say:
I forgot the password, so the user should first register in order to set
his own password, as instructed).

 I realised that DSPACE does not have the
option to set passwords for users/epersons for security reasons.

But, from the jspui there is no option for users to self-register. Is there
any way to set this from dspace.cfg ?

thanks,

Vera Kriezi
Music Library "Lilian Voudouri"