Dear DSpace community,

we thank you all for your great feedback during the first round of the
DSpace 3.0 Test-A-Thon! You have helped discover many bugs, some of which
we have already fixed. Since we have so many great new features in 3.0, we
decided to give it another round of public testing to help make it to the
final 3.0 release without any significant bugs.

The community has requested advance notice of testathons, so that you
can make some time in your calendars for testing. Therefore we have
scheduled the second round of testathon to officially start on
November 5. But demo.dspace.org has been updated yesterday with
bugfixes we managed to make so far, so feel free to test at any time!
If you find that a bug has already been reported, there's no need to
report it again, we're probably still working on it. If the bug is
marked as fixed, please do test if the fix works as expected!

I'd like to draw your attention especially to the new theme for mobile
devices, which wasn't enabled in the first testathon on demo. It's a
beta, so there are still some missing advanced features. It also not
enabled by default because there are some extra steps required to use
it in your installation (adding a "mobile." domain). There's a "View
mobile theme (beta)" in page footer to switch to the mobile version
and "View full website" to switch back to the regular version from the
mobile home page. Here's a direct link, too [1]. Please, show it some
love and report bugs and ideas to Jira as usual. Don't forget to
mention what kind of device you're using to browse it!

== Testathon essentials ==

Details on how to participate: see [1]

Details about new features, bug fixes in 3.0 and release schedule: see [2]

== Call for Translations ==

This is also the time to send us your translations of DSpace 3.0
(Messages_xx.properties and messages_xx.xml files). Both new and
updated translations are welcome. When updating translations, please
try to contact the previous translator first to avoid possible
duplication of work.

You may send translations at any time, but to make them easily
available to others via the DSpace build process, try to send them
before the 3.0 release date, currently scheduled for November 15.

To send a translation, register/log in to Jira [4], file a new issue
(e.g. "Updated French translation") and attach the files to that
issue.

You can find the latest English version of these files here: [5] [6]

[1] http://mobile.demo.dspace.org/xmlui/
[2] https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpace+Release+3.0+Testathon+Page
[3] https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DSpace+Release+3.0+Notes
[4] https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS