Thanks, this helps. Oddly I hadn't even considered querying the postgress
database directly - rather obvious now that you point it out.

The bad news on the discovery module is that with it enabled ( on 1.8, xmlui,
following directions at:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC18/Discovery#Discovery-EnablingDiscovery)
 editing metadata or submitting items result in the following error:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No class configured for consumer named:
discover

I'm assuming I must have missed a step, but can't seem to determine what it is
:(