On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Sara Amato <sam...@willamette.edu> wrote:
> I'm curious to know if there is a way to have the
> /dspace/log/handle-plugin.log files owned by a user other than root.
> While all of our other log files (dspace.log, cocoon.log, checker.log) are
> owned by the tomcat user (tomcat in our case), the handle-plugin.log files
> are owned by root.
> Is there a configuration setting somewhere for this?  We are using dspace
> 1.8.2 on Linux.

Hi Sara,

handle server is a separate software (started separatly, in a separate
Java process) from Tomcat and you're probably running it under root
(by default, the files created by a process are owned by the same user
as the process is running under). Where to change that depends on how
you start it up, but you should start looking for an init script for
it. Grep /etc/init.d for start-handle-server or net.handle.server.Main

Regards,
~~helix84