On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 1:08 PM, revskill <revskil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm running dspace/tomcat behind Nginx as reverse proxy, i've changed also
> the solr url into real hostname (not localhost:8080), and i can access SOLR
> admin from outside. Do you know how to make SOLR more secure with that setup
> ?

Yes, use the RemoteAddrValve in Tomcat to define allowed source IPs:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Solr#Solr-Bypassinglocalhostrestrictionpermanently

Alternatively, use a firewall to define allowed source IPs and deny
access from elsewhere.

Please, next time don't hijack an email thread but start a new one.
Your question is not related to the original question.

Regards,
~~helix84