Does anyone ever update their solr stats? Does anyone know about the
performance issue I am seeing here?

thanks,
Steve

On 18/12/2012, at 5:15 PM, Steve Swinsburg
<steve.swinsb...@anu.edu.au<mailto:steve.swinsb...@anu.edu.au>> wrote:

Hi all,

We have identified a number of new spider IP addresses from Google and other
indexers being responsible for vastly inflating our stats. I've created a local
spider filter list with the IP addresses and I am running the stats updater:
dspace stats-util -m

to reprocess the stats and mark them appropriately, then will remove them via:
dspace stats-util -f

However the mark is taking hours. Likewise if I go ahead and just delete them
based on the new rules, via:
dspace stats-util -i

Is that normal? We only have about 200,000 views to process.

Version 1.6.2 but about to rollout an upgrade. If the performance has improved
in 1.8.2 we can wait a week or so.

regards,
Steve