Well, one thing I'd do is to complain to the people who run the GSA.
IMHO it shouldn't be hitting any site that hard.  If there isn't a way
to throttle it back...there should be.

We had problems with a runaway GSA and I just firewalled it off until
I'm satisfied that they have it under control.

DSpace can generate sitemaps.  Can the bot in question be taught to
calm down and just use these?

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
There's an app for that:  your browser