-----Original Message-----
From: Andrea Schweer [mailto:schw...@waikato.ac.nz]
Sent: Tuesday, 9 April 2013 9:05 a.m.

> The problem is that DSpace (XMLUI) could be considered broken when it comes
> to that: it behaves differently for requests it considers to come from bots
> vs other requests. For bot requests, it uses the item's last modified date;
> for other requests, it uses the date that the item page was last cached IIRC.

Forgive me, I'm probably missing something. I'm curious why it would behave
differently in terms of caching. Can anyone explain the rationale?

Cheers

Hugh Barnes
Digital Access Coordinator
Library, Teaching and Learning
Lincoln University
Christchurch
New Zealand
p +64 3 321 8924 | f +64 3 325 2944

P Please consider the environment before you print this email.
"The contents of this e-mail (including any attachments) may be confidential
and/or subject to copyright. Any unauthorised use,
distribution, or copying of the contents is expressly prohibited.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender
by return e-mail or telephone and then delete this e-mail together with all
attachments from your system."